A common terminology for connectors
1. Connector: a separable element that is normally installed on a cable or device for electrical connection of the transmission line system (except for the adapter).
2. Rf connector: a connector used in rf range.
3. Video: in 3 hz frequency range between ∽ 30 MHZ radio waves.
4. The radio frequency (rf) : in the 3000 HZ frequency range between ∽ 3000 GHZ radio waves.
5. High frequency: the frequency range between 3 MHZ ∽ 30 MHZ radio waves.
6. Coaxial: the inner conductor has medium support, and the minimum internal reflection coefficient can be obtained by using the frequency range in the measurement.
A transmission line consisting of three concentric conductors with a common axis and each other insulated.
Level: the level of the connector in mechanical and electrical precision, especially in the specified reflection coefficient.
9. General connector (level 2) : adopt the widest allowable size deviation (tolerance) manufacturing, but still guarantee the minimum performance and interoperability of a connector.
Note: the requirement of reflection coefficient can be specified or not specified.
10. High-performance connector (level 1) : reflection coefficient limit as stipulated in the frequency change to a connector, usually the size tolerance than specified in the corresponding level 2 connector strictly, but need to make sure that connector to meet the requirements of the reflection coefficient, the factory has the responsibility to choose more strict tolerance.
11. Standard test connector (level 0) : used for level 1 and level 2 connector, the measurement of reflection coefficient of a precision manufacturing specific types of connectors, caused by the result of the measurement error is negligible.
Note: standard test connectors are usually part of a different type of adapter, and the adapter is part of a test device with a precision connector connection.
12. The seal
12.1 sealing connector: a connector which has the required gas, moisture or liquid seal requirements.
12.2 barrier seal: prevents the sealing of gas, moisture or liquid from the shaft to the inside of the connector shell.
12.3 panel seal: prevent gas, moisture or liquid through the mounting hole to enter the seal between the fixed or adapter housing and the panel.
Note: seals are usually supplied as independent products.
12.4 seal: prevent gas, moisture or liquid from entering the seal of a pair of connector interface.
12.5 gas seal: meet the requirements of Qk in part 2 of the basic environmental test procedures: test - test Q: seal.
The basic structure of the connector
The basic structure of the connector has the contact part; Insulator; Enclosure (depending on variety); (4) in the attachment.
1. Contact (contacts) is the core part of the connector to complete the electrical connection function. In general, the contact of the positive contact parts and the negative contact parts is made up, and the electrical connection is completed through the insertion of the contact parts of the Yin and Yang.
The positive contact parts are rigid parts, whose shape is cylindrical (round insert), square cylindrical (square pin) or flat shape (insert). The positive contact parts are made of brass and phosphor bronze.
Negative is jack, it is the key contact for parts, it depends on the elastic structure in elastic deion with pin inserted timeliness and produce elastic force and positive contact form close contact, complete the connection. Jack has a variety of structures, a cylinder type (split groove, reducing), a tuning fork type, cantilever type (longitudinal slot), folding type (longitudinal slot, 9 glyph), box (square socket) and hyperboloid line spring socket etc.
2. insulators Insulators are often referred to as the base (base) or mounting plate (insert), its role is to make contact, in accordance with the need to arrange the location and spacing, and ensure the contact and contact between the parts between the shell and insulation performance. Good insulation resistance, high voltage resistance and easy processability are the basic requirements of insulation materials.
3. shell Also called shell (shell), is the connector cover, it is installed inside the insulation of the mounting plate and pin to provide mechanical protection, and provide the plug and socket inserted right alignment, then to fix the connector on the device.
4. Attached please find the attached structure attachment and installation accessories. The structure accessories such as carring, positioning key, positioning pin, guide pin, connecting ring, cable clamping, sealing ring, gasket, etc. Install accessories such as screw, nut, screw, spring coil, etc. Most of the accessories are standard parts and fittings.